The Quilted Fox is now accepting quilts to sell on consignment on the web.
Our return policy for quilts purchased through The Quilted Fox website:
RETURNS and REFUNDS In the rare instance that a return is necessary please do the following: Notify us and return item within three business days of receipt. No returns are accepted on international shipments due to customs fees. Returns must be made by UPS. When the item is received in the same condition in which it was sent, a full refund will be provided less shipping and credit card fees.
If you wish to sell a quilt through The Quilted Fox, please read the following information.
Guidelines for Selling Quilts on The Quilted Fox Web Page
- As a service to local quilters, we will list your quilts to sell on our web page. However, we reserve the right not to list any quilt that we feel will not sell, is not suitable to sell or one that has poor photos. By submitting your quilt listing you agree to hold The Quilted Fox 'harmless' in the event of litigation for any reason involving your quilt.
- You keep your quilt until it sells and you are free to sell it yourself privately (but not elsewhere on the Web) without paying Quilted Fox a commission. Please let us know when you sell a quilt that we have listed.
- If your quilt sells, you must deliver the quilt to Quilted Fox for shipping within 48 hours of notification by us.
- All quilts are sold 'as is' so if there are any known problems with your quilt, please include that information with your description, so the prospective buyer will be aware. Some buyers like to know if the quilt is coming from a smoke-free or pet-free environment or if your quilt is considered "secondhand". If it is a genuine "antique" please document. If it has any stains or holes these must be included in the description. Descriptions must be truthful and accurate.
- One of the keys to selling quilts is to provide good, focused photos of each quilt to be listed. The second key is to price it right for the online market and what a willing buyer would pay for your quilt. We do not 'help' you price your quilt. You must decide how much you wish to receive. We cannot guarantee that your quilt will sell as a result of being listed on The Quilted Fox web page.
- Only quilts that are NOT shown or listed elsewhere on the Internet will be accepted. You can request that your quilt listing be deleted at any time via e-mail notice or by phone, and we reserve the right to refuse or delete your listing at our discretion, and without prior notice. There is no charge to you for listing your 'accepted' quilts.
- If you choose to add a label listing fibers, please follow the instructions of the Textile and Wool Acts: see FTC Information page w/ current PDF. If your listing description includes the words "secondhand" or if quilt is obviously "used" then your quilt is exempt from the FTC labeling requirement UNLESS you say something about fiber ON YOUR LABEL. You are responsible for correctly labeling your quilts in compliance with the Federal Trade commission (FTC) basic labeling requirements under the Textile and Wool Acts.
- Email us at email@example.com with a description of the quilt you want to sell including an accurate size, description of the condition, and origin of the design source (is it another designer’s pattern or a kit quilt?) Include the price you want to be paid if the quilt sells. Include digital photos.
- Send ONLY focused photos of quilts that are photographed on a vertical surface. The overall photo MUST include all four sides (edges) and corners of the quilt. Please DO NOT SEND photos taken of quilt displayed on a horizontal surface (e.g. floor, bed) because the perspective is distorted. Include the overall photo, a photo of the quilt draped (artistic photos help sell the quilt), and include one or two details showing the quilting.
- Please include your name, email address, snail mail address, and phone number.
- Once your quilt has been accepted, we enhance your image(s) by removing the background and optimize the file size for the Web. To calculate the retail price, we will add 25% to the amount you want to receive for the quilt. The buyer pays the cost of shipping.
- If the buyer is unhappy with the quilt, they must notify us within 10 days and ship the quilt back in the original packaging and in the original condition. We will send you a check for your price for the quilt, once the 10 day trial period is past. The accuracy and completeness of your description will help protect against possible returns.